Airtight Borosilicate Glass Jar 1000ml (White) - Modern Collection
LocoCook jar is quick, effective and easy to use. The spring assisted mechanism makes opening the borosilicate glass jar a one-finger operation. When the tab is closed, the silicone seal applies uniform pressure on the jar and an airtight system is created.
To open simply release the stainless steel seal and the top is easily removed.
The underside of the lip comes with three small nibs so that you can place the lid directly on the table or work surface and it will not gather any dirt or dust
- Spring assisted for easy opening
- Uniform and strong silicone ring seal
- High quality borosilicate glass jar
- Comes in 4 sizes
Airtight borosilicate glass jars is quick, easy, and effective The spring-assisted mechanism makes opening of the borosilicate glass jar a one-finger operation. When the tab is closed, the silicone seal applies uniform pressure. When opened, the seal releases and the top is easily removed. The underside of the lid has three small nibs so that you can place the lid right on the table and it won’t collect dirt or dust.
- Height-19.6 cm
Glass vs Plastic
- Glass is harmful chemical free. BPA (bisphenol-A) and phthalates are present in plastic, these are harmful chemicals that are considered carcinogenic. These chemicals can affect your hormone system, brain, reproductive system, and may even contribute to cancer development as well.
- Harmful chemicals do not leach into the food when you use/heat glass containers; whereas when you use/heat plastic containers there is high possibility of harmful carcinogenic chemicals leaching into your food.
- Daily wear and tear of plastic also constitutes to the harmful carcinogenic chemicals to leach on to our food, skin, hair etc. Washing or heating the plastic containers facilitates leaching of BPA chemicals. Since glass does not contain any chemicals there are no chances of any leaching of harmful chemical products.
- Food remains fresher for longer in a glass container,
- Glass containers does not retain the taste or smell of the food that has been stored in it; whereas plastic containers tend to retain the smell due to their porous nature.
Positive Environmental Implications of Using Glass
- Since glass is non-porous, it does not leach toxic chemicals into the food and the glass surface does not show any signs of daily wear and tear; glass articles can be used as many times as you want to and they will look and feel as new every time.
- Glass is recycled more than plastic. According to a report from the Container Recycling Institute, plastic bottles were recycled at an average rate of 29% while glass bottles were recycled at an average rate of 37%.
- Producing glass regularly is safer for the environment, emits less toxic chemicals. Producing a 16-ounce PET (plastic) bottle generates more than 100 times the toxic emissions to air and water than making the same bottle out of glass.