Airtight Glass Jars 500ml (Black) - Modern Collection
LocoCook glass jars are healthy to use and stylish to present. They are specifically created for the modern kitchen with convenient and ergonomic designs. The airtight mechanism is specifically created to maintain the freshness of the food. Simply press the small stainless steel indentation on the top of the jar to release the air inside and to open the lid. To close the jar press the stainless steel indentation again to seal the air and lock the lid.
Airtight glass jars now comes with an one button mechanism. Now just push the button on the top and release the excess air and then a simple push on the jar re seals the jar. It is specially designed for modern and convenient kitchen.
Glass vs Plastic
- Glass is harmful chemical free. BPA (bisphenol-A) and phthalates are present in plastic, these are harmful chemicals that are considered carcinogenic. These chemicals can affect your hormone system, brain, reproductive system, and may even contribute to cancer development as well.
- Harmful chemicals do not leach into the food when you use/heat glass containers; whereas when you use/heat plastic containers there is high possibility of harmful carcinogenic chemicals leaching into your food.
- Daily wear and tear of plastic also constitutes to the harmful carcinogenic chemicals to leach on to our food, skin, hair etc. Washing or heating the plastic containers facilitates leaching of BPA chemicals. Since glass does not contain any chemicals there are no chances of any leaching of harmful chemical products.
- Food remains fresher for longer in a glass container,
- Glass containers does not retain the taste or smell of the food that has been stored in it; whereas plastic containers tend to retain the smell due to their porous nature.
Positive Environmental Implications of Using Glass
- Since glass is non-porous, it does not leach toxic chemicals into the food and the glass surface does not show any signs of daily wear and tear; glass articles can be used as many times as you want to and they will look and feel as new every time.
- Glass is recycled more than plastic. According to a report from the Container Recycling Institute, plastic bottles were recycled at an average rate of 29% while glass bottles were recycled at an average rate of 37%.
- Producing glass regularly is safer for the environment, emits less toxic chemicals. Producing a 16-ounce PET (plastic) bottle generates more than 100 times the toxic emissions to air and water than making the same bottle out of glass.