LocoCook Carafe With Ice Crystals 850ml (Black) - Modern Drinkware Collection
LocoCook curates products that are designed to make utility simpler for its users and thus making life more enjoyable. The lid of this carafe/bottle is designed with an inbuilt strainer/sieve which prevents your glass of juice from being overloaded with unwanted pulp and or seeds.
This bottle also comes with the add on feature of a ice crystal so as to keep your drink cooler for longer. Simply add water to the Ice crystal tube then freeze it until solid. When you’re ready to cool your favourite beverage, just attach the ice crystal tube to the lid and lower them into the liquid.
- High-quality and durable borosilicate glass
- Ice Pearls tube attaches easily to lid
- Free-Flowing design lets you pour from any direction
- Integrated strainer for a clean pour
- Silicone cover for the lid to help prevent the lid from gathering dust
Height - 26cm
8.5 x 8.5 x 26.9cm
- Ice crystals (height) - 17cm
Glass vs Plastic
• Glass is harmful chemical free. BPA (bisphenol-A) and phthalates are present in plastic, these are harmful chemicals that are considered carcinogenic. These chemicals can affect your hormone system, brain, reproductive system, and may even contribute to cancer development as well.
• Harmful chemicals do not leach into the food when you use/heat glass containers; whereas when you use/heat plastic containers there is high possibility of harmful carcinogenic chemicals leaching into your food.
• Daily wear and tear of plastic also constitutes to the harmful carcinogenic chemicals to leach on to our food, skin, hair etc. Washing or heating the plastic containers facilitates leaching of BPA chemicals. Since glass does not contain any chemicals there are no chances of any leaching of harmful chemical products.
• Food remains fresher for longer in a glass container,
• Glass containers does not retain the taste or smell of the food that has been stored in it; whereas plastic containers tend to retain the smell due to their porous nature.
Positive Environmental Implications of Using Glass
• Since glass is non-porous, it does not leach toxic chemicals into the food and the glass surface does not show any signs of daily wear and tear; glass articles can be used as many times as you want to and they will look and feel as new every time.
• Glass is recycled more than plastic. According to a report from the Container Recycling Institute, plastic bottles were recycled at an average rate of 29% while glass bottles were recycled at an average rate of 37%.
• Producing glass regularly is safer for the environment, emits less toxic chemicals. Producing a 16-ounce PET (plastic) bottle generates more than 100 times the toxic emissions to air and water than making the same bottle out of glass.